Welcome

Welcome to our class blog. We are a class of 8 students learning English at Upper-Intermediete level. We've decided to reach out to the world and learn by sharing and collaborating with students from all over the globe! We'll be posting some of our work for our friends to comment on. Join us!

Thursday 8 December 2011

Wishes, wishes....

Today we talked about "wishes". We realised what it means to wish for something real bad when we looked at this picture from the "favelas" or poor neighbourhoods in Brazil.

We imagined what we'd feel like if we were in their shoes and here's what we wished:
Gogo: I wish we had clean, drinkable water
Georgia: I wish I could go to school.
George: I wish the government woudn't ignore us.
Nadina: I wish 
Deppy: I wish I lived in a proper house insted of this slum.
Theo: I wish mum had cooked something for lunch.
Glykeria: I wish
Christine: If only

Then, we also came up with this shot from a school in that area, so we reckon they also have some kind of education. By looking at their smiling faces we also realised that contentment can come from simple things in life and that we should be grateful for what we have.


No comments:

Post a Comment